******************************************

WELCOME TO GOTHIC DIVINE!

THIS BLOG WAS CREATED IN NOVEMBER 2009 WITH THE GOAL OF GATHERING ALL INFORMATION POSSIBLE ABOUT GOTHIC CULTURE.

IT'S NOT A PROPER MAGAZINE SO DON'T TAKE US TOO SERIOUSLY.. :)

SO FAR MORE THAN 300 POSTS ABOUT MUSIC, FASHION, ART, MOVIES AND CURIOSITIES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN!

SUPPORT GOTHIC DIVINE BY COMMENTING THE POSTS, ANSWERING THE POLLS AND SUGGESTING OR SENDING US LINKS OF INTERESTING GOTH-RELATED TOPICS!


GOTHIC DIVINE... YOUR GOTH MAGAZINE!

NEW: Are you a goth artist, an illustrator, a musician, a band, a writer, a model or a photographer? Want to make yourself known among goth community online? To be featured or obtain a free interview in Gothic Divine Magazine it's easy: leave a comment in the guestbook with your name,your job or hobby (model, photographer etc.), your email address where we can contact you and a link to your website.
Incomplete "applications" won't be taken taken in consideration.

RECRUITING NEW COLLABORATORS FOR THIS BLOG!! Click on link below for more information

Followers

Google+ Followers

11 July 2011

My little Pony and its goth-side

Today I do a very unorthodox post. I have to admit, that I have my kitschy time at the moment and just recently started collecting Sailor Moon PVC figures (I love Sailor Moon, she's the heroine of my childhood) and I started watching the "My Little Pony" animation series. Okay, you can say this is childish, for little girls and boring, but I don't really think so. You all may know these tiny plastic ponies in shiny, bright colours with some long hair to comb. Yes, they are the same. I admit, I didn't like them either, but after watching the animation series I lied them a little more.

Just let me introduce the series to you.

This one is an episode about "not judging a book by its cover" and very funny events happening. I really had to laugh hard.
In general this animation doesn't take itself too serious and is very self-ironic, the characters may be a little stereotypical, because they mostly are one-sided, but this is the thing causing so much fun.

However, apart from that, the title talks about the goth side of my little pony. As I said before there are these cute hair comb ponies (I prefer the static PVC figures), aaand there are customs. People had a lot of fun doying a really great job on making dark ponies. Here are some:by Opheliac Nightmares forn Deviantart
from this page: http://www.darkhorsecollectables.com/gothica.html
Edward Scissorhands by panicinsanias13 on buzznetHasbro San Diego Comic-Con exklusive

And my personal favourite: An alien pony!
I hope you liked some of them and see MLP out of another point of view ;) By the way, the wikipedia article says, this show is very popular among people between 14 and 35. Think about it^^
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...