******************************************

WELCOME TO GOTHIC DIVINE!

THIS BLOG WAS CREATED IN NOVEMBER 2009 WITH THE GOAL OF GATHERING ALL INFORMATION POSSIBLE ABOUT GOTHIC CULTURE.

IT'S NOT A PROPER MAGAZINE SO DON'T TAKE US TOO SERIOUSLY.. :)

SO FAR MORE THAN 300 POSTS ABOUT MUSIC, FASHION, ART, MOVIES AND CURIOSITIES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN!

SUPPORT GOTHIC DIVINE BY COMMENTING THE POSTS, ANSWERING THE POLLS AND SUGGESTING OR SENDING US LINKS OF INTERESTING GOTH-RELATED TOPICS!


GOTHIC DIVINE... YOUR GOTH MAGAZINE!

NEW: Are you a goth artist, an illustrator, a musician, a band, a writer, a model or a photographer? Want to make yourself known among goth community online? To be featured or obtain a free interview in Gothic Divine Magazine it's easy: leave a comment in the guestbook with your name,your job or hobby (model, photographer etc.), your email address where we can contact you and a link to your website.
Incomplete "applications" won't be taken taken in consideration.

RECRUITING NEW COLLABORATORS FOR THIS BLOG!! Click on link below for more information

Followers

27 March 2011

Emo is NOT the new Goth - Part 2

A smart person, but even a child of 2 years old can already understand the abyss of difference there is between goths and emos after reading the first part. But I'm definitely going to help you SEE it, if you still didn't get it. Let's start from the appearance. I'll pick two kids of the same age, of the same sex.

EMO GIRL:



GOTH GIRL:



Now...how can you not see the difference??????????

First: The graciousness. Can't you see how gracious and solemn and not pretentious the pose of the goth is?

Secondly:The inspiration. The goth is clearly inspired by the music she listens to which talks about death and love, darkness, dark literature, art and history. All the emo is inspired by is how many "likes" she will get on Facebook or Netlog as soon as she posts the pic. Nothing else.

Third thing: the clothing. The emo wears the classical teenage clothing. T-shit with a skull (omg so hardcor3 <3!! -_-"), hot pink skinny jeans (like her idol Avril lavigne probably teached her), checkered belt and a Mana Sama like haircut! (too bad she has no idea of who Mana Sama is -_-"). The goth is wearing a long classy dress in black velvet, with a corset like bust, laces and webbed details, a chocker like in victorian era. Inspired by idol Morticia Addams. She looks mature.

Now let's get back to the music. Where it all starts. As I said in part 1 the music of the emos is mainly emo-core, screamo and pop-punk. Well here comes the BIG difference. Goth listen to gothic rock, gothic metal, darkwave, EBM, industrial. See?? If you listen to the genres and make a comparison you'll definitely hear the difference.


You might say: "but goths are or act depressed just like emos!! So they are alike!"

Once again. NO. Goths can be depressed, of course. But anybody can be depressed! Even your mother or your prep classmate! But one thing you'll know for sure. Goths would never lie on depression because it's not part of the "ritual" to be a goth. You don't have to be depressed to be a goth. A goth is someone who listens to the music genres listed above, that likes a kind of clothing inspired by the beauty of darkness, history and art and sex in some cases and that likes thing that are nomally considered creepy by "normal" people.That's it! Nothing more, nothing less.

And after this PLEASE!! STOP SAYING EMO AND GOTHS ARE THE SAME THING!! STOP MISTAKING US!


Thank you for your attention,

♥BallerinaDark♥

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an emo blog... ù.ù I'm just kidding! xD You're absolutely right!

Hellstorm said...

One of my ideologies is discriminating nobody, however, Emos attract discrimination to themselves for their ridiculous and pointless actions. So I can't help but hate all the youngsters who call themselves freaks and emos at the same time. They're simply posers and who doesn't hate posers? They just want attention to themselves.
But I guess Emo is vanishing. I can say I have 1 or 2 emos in my entire school while some years ago they were hundreds o.o

Anonymous said...

I hate the fact some emos do cut. I do enjoy My Chemical Romance and so do some average people out there, (I have an MCR school bag and some shirts too. I know they are not Goth and mostly I do not believe they are Emo either. Unlike some people who think so. But I love the fact they want to help kids out of self-harm and suicide.) and I like other types of music (as well as goth music too.) My parents love The Cure (My mum even bought me The Cure Greatest Hits album.) I even like Bon Jovi like my parents do. (Sorry for bragging on.) My two good friends are non-goths and my best friend is dating an emo. She said he use to cut but stopped since they were going out. She told us the story of his ex-girlfriend who dumped him because his grades are low. I told her it was stupid to dump someone for their grades. I didn't think his ex even really loved him anyway.
My best friend is happy with him, that's all that matters.
There are people who are not Emo that do cut as well. I saw this TV show about just these average people who do self-harm. And there were ways to help them stop thinking negative thoughts by doing meditation every week or something.
But I do believe there are some Emos who do this for the attention. And some do it for a reason. While others do not do it at all. Good thing there are Emos in this world who do not do such an act of self-harm or suicide.
I believe it's just stupid to do that, even for a reason. Do they think they are not loved by others who even care? It's just sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...