******************************************

WELCOME TO GOTHIC DIVINE!

THIS BLOG WAS CREATED IN NOVEMBER 2009 WITH THE GOAL OF GATHERING ALL INFORMATION POSSIBLE ABOUT GOTHIC CULTURE.

IT'S NOT A PROPER MAGAZINE SO DON'T TAKE US TOO SERIOUSLY.. :)

SO FAR MORE THAN 300 POSTS ABOUT MUSIC, FASHION, ART, MOVIES AND CURIOSITIES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN!

SUPPORT GOTHIC DIVINE BY COMMENTING THE POSTS, ANSWERING THE POLLS AND SUGGESTING OR SENDING US LINKS OF INTERESTING GOTH-RELATED TOPICS!


GOTHIC DIVINE... YOUR GOTH MAGAZINE!

NEW: Are you a goth artist, an illustrator, a musician, a band, a writer, a model or a photographer? Want to make yourself known among goth community online? To be featured or obtain a free interview in Gothic Divine Magazine it's easy: leave a comment in the guestbook with your name,your job or hobby (model, photographer etc.), your email address where we can contact you and a link to your website.
Incomplete "applications" won't be taken taken in consideration.

RECRUITING NEW COLLABORATORS FOR THIS BLOG!! Click on link below for more information

Followers

19 May 2011

Tips On... HOW TO SURVIVE SUMMER

Summer is coming and it's time to give out tips on how to survive during summer. I believe 90% of you reading this are "allergic" to hot weather, the sweating, the thick air, the humidity, the sun-burning etc. So here are some advice from me to get you through summer without suffering too much :P

CLOTHES: Avoid wearing boots. I know it's hard for some of you but there are nice other open shoes you can use. Not wearing boots won't make you less goth than you are and it's way better for yur blood circulation an..well..feet odour! xD I suggest you use flip flops or platform sandals or flats (see pics!). Maybe add some fake tattoos on your feet or ankle skin to make it more eye-catching. Try to avoid thick socks and leggings. Wear light clothes. Try avoiding black (it attracts the sun and can get you sunburnt more easily)..go for white clothes to spice up with some thin accessories.



HAIR: Keep 'em hydrated! Use an oil based hair mask at least once a week! Try to keep your hair up in a ponytail and pin up your fringe. You'll sweat way less this way. Use a hat or a bandana or parasol to keep them away from the sun.


SKIN: As we all know, the main problem for goths is the tanning. I personally don't mind getting tanned (beside the fact that I already am naturally tanned, I enjoy getting this exotic look that makes me look like Cleopatra xD). But for all of you with white skin, if you don't want to get sun burnt or get those ridicolous red ,orange tan, please follow my instructions: As I said in the post on how to get a perfect skin, there are some hydrating skin lotions with sun protect factor. Put it on especially in the morning and wait until your skin absorbs it. Before exposing yourself to the sun, wear a sunscreen lotion with the highest SPF ! (like the one for kids xD) and wait until it is absorbed by the skin (takes usually 20 or 30 minutes) otherwise if you don't wait the lotion won't work and it will "fry" under the sun. If you can, stay in shade or hide under a parasol. After the sun exposure, go home and wash yourself with soap (using water only will make the tan stay). To be sure not to have got sunburnt put an aftersun lotion.



If you have other ideas or things to add, please tell in the comments! ^__^

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Exfoliate! It'll rub off the tanned upper layers of your skin if you didn't mean to tan.

Anonymous said...

I buy a foundation with spf 15 so my face is all clear I also apply sunscreen to the rest of me, then I wear thin long sleeved shirts with lots of holes in it; making it cool and shady. Theres something about my legs that makes them never tan (Irish genetics) But I put sunscreen on when I go to beaches or pools where I will be sitting in the sun for long periods of time. On the off chance that you do get sun burnt, use Aloe lotion (found at any supermarket) It will take away the sting, keep your skin pale, and heal the burn twice as fast.
-Hope it helps

Lilly Peppermint said...

After sun lotion will NOT prevent you skin from being burned nor help your skin if it's been burnt. All it does is soothe the skin. I also think that it's worth mentioning that EVERYONE should be wearing sun screen on exposed skin, not just to avoid tanning but to prevent skin cancers as much as possible. I wear high SPF sun screen on exposed skin year round to protect my skin (and because I like looking Lilly- pale)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...