******************************************

WELCOME TO GOTHIC DIVINE!

THIS BLOG WAS CREATED IN NOVEMBER 2009 WITH THE GOAL OF GATHERING ALL INFORMATION POSSIBLE ABOUT GOTHIC CULTURE.

IT'S NOT A PROPER MAGAZINE SO DON'T TAKE US TOO SERIOUSLY.. :)

SO FAR MORE THAN 300 POSTS ABOUT MUSIC, FASHION, ART, MOVIES AND CURIOSITIES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN!

SUPPORT GOTHIC DIVINE BY COMMENTING THE POSTS, ANSWERING THE POLLS AND SUGGESTING OR SENDING US LINKS OF INTERESTING GOTH-RELATED TOPICS!


GOTHIC DIVINE... YOUR GOTH MAGAZINE!

NEW: Are you a goth artist, an illustrator, a musician, a band, a writer, a model or a photographer? Want to make yourself known among goth community online? To be featured or obtain a free interview in Gothic Divine Magazine it's easy: leave a comment in the guestbook with your name,your job or hobby (model, photographer etc.), your email address where we can contact you and a link to your website.
Incomplete "applications" won't be taken taken in consideration.

RECRUITING NEW COLLABORATORS FOR THIS BLOG!! Click on link below for more information

Followers

19 September 2011

Goth Undercover - Toning it down

Being a Goth is not an easy thing. Especially when it comes to the clothing...Being a creative creature, a goth finds it hard not to wear goth attire everyday. I personally get depressed when i don't..Looking too "normal" makes me feel uncomfortable somehow..I have to stand out from the mass in some way!

Through the years, I learned how to tone down my gothic attire so that I look goth-ish anyway in situations like "Going to school" or "Going to work" or "Going to every other place where freaks are not well-accepted",  all without being too "dressed up". 
The trick is to make your look the less elaborated possible. Make it simple but effective. 

Here's an example of me wearing a very toned down goth look. 

(Not the best pic I could take but it's just to give the idea..)

For this look I got inspired by the pin-up / rockabilly / vintage look. Knee lenght stretched skirt and chunky heels. (It's actually my favourite attire infact I'm often dressed like this). In order not to loose my uniqueness I opted for a pair of shoes that catch the eye. Since I have worn them for the first time, I have been asked a thousand times where I bought those shoes and received thousand compliments for them. Also for the shirt, you can't see that in the picture but it's corseted on the back and on the front it looks like a normal blouse!
It's a simple look but still effective isn't it?

So, in my opinion the best way to look goth without showing it too much is to make it the more basic possible and concentrate on details instead! 




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good outfit! You're really 22 years old? Seeing that photo, someone can think you're 18 or less. xD

Unknown said...

Thank you :) I know I look younger than my age xD that's because I'm really petite. :P

Anonymous said...

wow you look amazing! :) I love your outfit and this blog!! good job!

I believe too that the only way to keep a gothic look in such situations is to make it the more simple possible. Also using the right accessories can help!

PinkPlumFairy said...

I never had the feeling that I need to dress up to feel somehow alternative, I'm really casual in this matter. And wearing outfits simliar like this is the thing I mostly do, when I'm going to work. I think nothing is more impressing than a straight, completely black outfit with smashing plateaus ;)

Unknown said...

@PinkPlumFairy: black dress + smashing plateaus = perfect match ♥ :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...