Refering to BallerinaDarks post about the goth gloves I'll show you some pulse warmers I made a few weeks ago. Okay, I have to admit they are more sweet lolita style, but imagine them in black ;) (Btw, I haven't found anyone yet who wants them, is anyone interested^^). I simply adore this candy like yarn
However. If you ever learned a little knitting, this won't be this too hard for you.
So ladys, fetch your knitting needles, let's get started!
- about 100g knitting yarn for needle size 3,00 (Black and 100% cotton would be ideal)
- a set of 5 double pointed knitting needles; needle size 3,00
- some satin ribbon or mercerized cotton knitting yarn about 70 cm long
- 4 beads 4mm diameter
- wool needle
swatch (stockinette stitch): 19 stitches / 29 rows= 10cm/10cm
length: 7 cm
breadth: 16 cm/(18cm)
both without ruffles. bigger size in brackets.
Notice: The 16 cm version is for really thin wrists, take the bigger version if you're not sure it'll fit.
How does it work?
We are knitting in the round. Cast on 120 (136) stitches (60 on one needle pair, 60 on the other pair).
1.-4. round: Knit in stockinette stitch.
5. round: *slip one stitch, knit 3 together, pass slipped stitch over* repeat 29 (33) times. At the end of the round you should have 30 (34) stitches on your needles.
6. - 25. round: Knit in stockinette stitch.
26. round: *knit one right, one twisted right, one right, one twisted right stitch out of one stitch* repeat 29 (33) times. Now you should have again 120 (136) stitches. (That's the only tricky part, because the stitches are very tight now)
27. - 30. round: knit in stockinette stitch
cast off loosely.
Now cut the 70 cm long yarn in the middle and thread one half into your wool needle. Look for the middle of the pulse warmer and pierce the needle from the righ side to the wrong side between two stitches. *After two stitches pierce it to the right side again, after three stitches again to the wrong side.* Repeat until there are two stitches between the beginning and the end of the yarn. Thread on bead on each end and make a square knot on each side. Do the same thing with the other pulse warmer.
Now you are finished! You can tie the ends together after putting pulse warmers on, else you can't push your hand through it.
Remember: This instruction is my literary property. Please don't copy it on other sites, don't use it commercial and ask me please, before you link it.
This was my first DIY post. Tell me your opinion about it. Do you want more of them? Was it clear to you? Should I post other knitting instructions or also something with sewing or crocheting? Tell me, I need feedback ;)
Edit: Okidoke, a little update. Here are some knitting for dummies ;) videos on youtube. I'll post only the links, else the post will be too long. Although they are in german, you can understand it very well by only watching them. (I just didn't find proper english ones and it's hard to find good ones to show. Besides the english knitting method confuses me.)
Casting on on a set of 5 double pointed knitting needles
Knit out two left stitches out of one (I did a similiar thing, just do it with right stitches instead of left and not two but four times)