******************************************

WELCOME TO GOTHIC DIVINE!

THIS BLOG WAS CREATED IN NOVEMBER 2009 WITH THE GOAL OF GATHERING ALL INFORMATION POSSIBLE ABOUT GOTHIC CULTURE.

IT'S NOT A PROPER MAGAZINE SO DON'T TAKE US TOO SERIOUSLY.. :)

SO FAR MORE THAN 300 POSTS ABOUT MUSIC, FASHION, ART, MOVIES AND CURIOSITIES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN!

SUPPORT GOTHIC DIVINE BY COMMENTING THE POSTS, ANSWERING THE POLLS AND SUGGESTING OR SENDING US LINKS OF INTERESTING GOTH-RELATED TOPICS!


GOTHIC DIVINE... YOUR GOTH MAGAZINE!

NEW: Are you a goth artist, an illustrator, a musician, a band, a writer, a model or a photographer? Want to make yourself known among goth community online? To be featured or obtain a free interview in Gothic Divine Magazine it's easy: leave a comment in the guestbook with your name,your job or hobby (model, photographer etc.), your email address where we can contact you and a link to your website.
Incomplete "applications" won't be taken taken in consideration.

RECRUITING NEW COLLABORATORS FOR THIS BLOG!! Click on link below for more information

Followers

30 June 2011

KoRn - concert review

I know, KoRn are not part of gothic music, they are just alternative crossover band, but I noticed that goths are very interested in them especially since the singer Jonathan Davis made the soundtrack of one of goths most beloved movie "Queen Of The Damned" . (see songs like "Forsaken" or "System") , in fact at the concert there were many gothlings. But, why am I talking about them?? Because yesterday I went to their concert!! :D :D :D


KoRn is one of my all-time favourite band. I've been listening to them since 1995 (maybe 1994..I don't remember exactly..) and since then I never got tired of them and they never disappointed me. I couldn't miss the concert that was held 20 minutes away from my house in front of one of  Italy's best villas (Villa Contarini). Couldn't ask for a better location.

And yes. Jonathan Davis is definitely one of the best frontman I've ever seen. Maybe he's not the hottest man on earth but he is definitely one of the most fascinating. His voice is fantastic and particular...and so is his famous mic stand. Designed by Giger. *-*



The new drummer Ray Luzier is amazing. They couldn't choose a better one. And Fieldy (bass player) was right in front of me (yes, I was right at the front) and being a bass player myself, I couldn't choose a better place to be.



I even managed to get, not one but TWO picks thanks to my boyfriend and to a very gentle metalhead that was near me (he saw I was sad because I didn't get one and so he gave me the one he took..what a LUCK xD! Almost got the drummer sticks but missed it.

My camera didn't work well unfortunately, too sensitive in the dark and couldn't focus well -_- but in some way it did some very artistic pics that, of course, I'm going to share with you.















(This one look futuristic :P)


 

Also, did you know that KoRn collaborated with The Cure on a song? For their unplugged cd they had Robert Smith as guest singer and they mashed up their Make Me Bad with In Between Days !!



*-* Sublime.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...