******************************************

WELCOME TO GOTHIC DIVINE!

THIS BLOG WAS CREATED IN NOVEMBER 2009 WITH THE GOAL OF GATHERING ALL INFORMATION POSSIBLE ABOUT GOTHIC CULTURE.

IT'S NOT A PROPER MAGAZINE SO DON'T TAKE US TOO SERIOUSLY.. :)

SO FAR MORE THAN 300 POSTS ABOUT MUSIC, FASHION, ART, MOVIES AND CURIOSITIES HAVE BEEN WRITTEN!

SUPPORT GOTHIC DIVINE BY COMMENTING THE POSTS, ANSWERING THE POLLS AND SUGGESTING OR SENDING US LINKS OF INTERESTING GOTH-RELATED TOPICS!


GOTHIC DIVINE... YOUR GOTH MAGAZINE!

NEW: Are you a goth artist, an illustrator, a musician, a band, a writer, a model or a photographer? Want to make yourself known among goth community online? To be featured or obtain a free interview in Gothic Divine Magazine it's easy: leave a comment in the guestbook with your name,your job or hobby (model, photographer etc.), your email address where we can contact you and a link to your website.
Incomplete "applications" won't be taken taken in consideration.

RECRUITING NEW COLLABORATORS FOR THIS BLOG!! Click on link below for more information

Followers

25 June 2011

Hair = Scare?

So my post today is mostly a little story from where I work...

I am a waitress in a local (very good!) restaurant. I work part-time in order to balance my studies. And, as you may well know, I am an alternative sort of person :)

At the moment, I have brown, pink and red hair ♥

My boss and managers have no problems with this, which is great. They even place bets on what colour I will go next (previous colours have been green, blue, violet, and pink)! The reaction from most of the customers is great too, some saying they really love it, others asking how long it takes to do!

Yet, the other day, I had a really horrid person/customer ask me: "Don't you think you should be in a cartoon? You shouldn't work here, your hair colour makes me feel sick".

This obviously really upset me, I love my hair and have never had such a nasty comment - I don't have a thick skin when it comes to comments like this and I do take it to heart. After I got over the upset, it got me thinking several points:

1 - Would that customer ever remark on the colour of someones' skin?
2 - Would that customer ever say something to a bald person?
3 - How would they like it if someone commented on their hair/skin/teeth/clothes?

Eventually I figured that because the person was quite old, they might not have been around alternative people before, or perhaps they were just having a bad day - but it still doesn't give them the right to be so horrible!

So, I was just wondering... Have any other GothicDivinities had any such negative comments? How do you deal with them? What is your opinions on such people?

Candy x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the small-minded, negative comments you received! I always assume that comments like that probably reflect something of the person - maybe they are jealous that they couldn't get away with your fab hair colour? Anyhooo, carry on being your colourful self :)
Namaste :)
Ivy

PinkPlumFairy said...

Rude comments like this I haven't had before. Just funny ones like "I think, I'll remember your name first, if you keep changing your hair colour so often" by some teacher.
Also in the hairdresser's shop they had a lot of funny comments on my deep violet haircolour, because they never dyed the whole head with it before and wanted some pics from the festival ;)
I don't think you should take these comments so close to you. There just are some close-minded people and remember without them it would be a little boring.
Your haircolour sounds pretty cool, I think you should keep it and don't mind this comment. An next time say something like "An you should be in the most boring book I've readen"

Candy_Dee said...

Swofter, I am surprised that in Norway you can get so much negativity :( But it's nice that you alternative people stick together :)

Ivy, thank you for a kind comment :) No way am I going to remove my hair dye 'cause one person didn't like it!

PinkPlumFairy, I wish I had thought of something to say back to this person... I like yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...